Frequently asked Questions
1. What will it cost to have my radiator repaired? Does Myler's straighten fins?
2. Do you fix copper and brass radiators?
3. Do you fix Four-Wheeler/ATV/Quad radiators?
4. How are leaks repaired?
5. Will my radiator look like new after Myler's fixes it?
6. Does Myler's warranty their work?
7. Can Myler's Reinforce-Strengthen my Radiator?
8. Who pays for Shipping?
9. What do I need to do to send my radiator to you? Do I need an authorization number?
10. How long does it take to repair a radiator?
11. Do I need to fill out a form?
12. What should I leave on the radiator? What needs to come off?
13. How do you handle the billing?
14. How much time do I have to pay for my repairs?
15. Where do I ship it to?
16. Will I be given a call before repairs begin?
17. What is Factory Epoxy?
18. Does Myler's Radiators buy used radiators?
19. What if I'm shipping from out of the U.S.?
20. What is Myler's Return policy on the product(s) that they sell?
21. Does Myler's Recore Radiators?
22. What coolant does Myler's suggest?
23. Does Myler's stock what they sell?
24. Does Myler's make custom radiators?
25. Can Myler's repair radiators that local radiator repair shops can't?
26. Can I E-mail you pictures of my radiator(s) to see if it can be repaired?
27. Can my local radiator repair shop fix my radiator?
28. What makes Myler's SuperCool Radiators different from other Aftermarket Radiators?
29. If my radiator is bent but not leaking, should I still have it repaired?
30. When I purchase online is my Credit card information secure?
31. What magazines does Myler's advertise in?
32. Can I run a SuperCool radiator with an O.E.M. radiator?
33. What motorcycle parts are available through Myler's?
34. Does Myler's repair Aftermarket Radiators?
35. Can I pick and choose what I want repaired on my radiator?
36. Does Myler's have a Shipping Tier for Purchases made from the Website?
37. When I place an order online, how will I know when it ships?
38. Can I personally bring my radiator in for repair?
39. Are there any installation videos of the Myler's SuperCool radiators?
What will it cost to have my radiator repaired? Does Myler's straighten fins?
1. Most repair costs are between $45 and $75 per radiator. It is $45 to straighten the radiator. After the radiator has been straightened we pressure check it for leaks and examine the radiator for broken welds. If there are either, it is $15 for the first weld and $5 for each additional weld. Our Maximum is $100 with the following exceptions.
If someone else has worked on the radiator and made a mess, it will be an extra $5 to $25 to fix it. Depending on the severity.
* If the filler neck needs to be replaced then add $75. We sell High Pressure caps for $20.
* Bikes with one radiator like a 97-99 Honda CR250 are billed the same as street bikes.
* Street bike and ATV radiator repair is between $65 to $200, with an average repair cost of $65-$125.
* Oil cooler repair is between $65 to $150.
* Dented tanks will be fixed if they interfere with the performance of the radiator, if the dent is only cosmetic, they can be straightened at owner's request.
Does Myler's straighten fins?
When we straighten a radiator the fins tend to open up during the straightening process, unless the fins were damaged by something hitting them directly. If you would like us to individually straighten the fins on your radiator we can do so at a rate of $30 per hour.
If you choose to have us individually straighten the fins on your radiator we will only charge you for the time that we spent straightening them. So, if you choose to have one hour of fin straightening done but your radiator only needs 15 minutes worth of work, you will only be charged for 15 minutes. Because you are paying for how much time we work on the radiator, it is possible that not all of your fins will be straightened during that amount of time. If you would like us to spend the time to straighten every fin please note that on the form.
Do you fix copper and brass radiators?
2. No. We only fix aluminum radiators and oil coolers.
Do you fix Four-Wheeler/ATV/Quad radiators?
3. Yes, We do fix Four-Wheeler/ATV/Quad radiators.
How are leaks repaired?
4. Leaks and broken brackets are welded.
Will my radiator look like new after Myler's fixes it?
5. It will not be as pretty as new; but it will fit and work properly. If you receive your radiator back and you are not satisfied with our work and would like a refund on the repair cost, we will gladly refund your money upon us receiving your radiator back in the same condition that we shipped it to you in. You can then go and buy a new radiator. You can NOT keep the repaired radiator and have your money back.
If you are wanting a new radiator please feel free to select one of our SuperCool radiators. If you are the type of customer who is never pleased, please take your business elsewhere.
Does Myler's warranty their work?
6. We do. If you receive your radiator back, and it is still bent or leaking, return the radiator and we will complete the repairs. As well as pay for Ground shipping to and from us.
Can Myler's Reinforce-Strengthen my Radiator?
7. Yes we can. If you would like to have your radiator repaired and reinforced we can do that for you.
When we "Reinforce" a radiator, we repair the radiator plus we weld all the corners, and hose fittings. The cost to have your radiator repaired with the "Reinforcing" option is $80.00.
The "Reinforce" strengthens the radiator considerably. Reinforcing the radiator will not interfere with any stock or aftermarket louvers or braces/guards/cages. Dirt bike radiators only! Per side! *Filler Neck replacement and/or additional cleaning are exluded.
Because there seems to be confusion on how much it is to have your radiator repaired with the "Reinforcement" option, I have tried to explain it below.
Radiator repair WITHOUT Reinforcement can be between- $45-$100.
Radiator repair WITH Reinforcement will be $80.
You DO NOT add the repair cost and the "Reinforcement" cost together.
If you send in your radiator to be repaired with the "Reinforcement" option your bill per radiator will be $80.
Who pays for Shipping?
8. The customer pays for shipping to and from Myler's Radiators.
What do I need to do to send my radiator to you? Do I need an authorization number?
9. You will need to do the following:
* Drain and Rinse Radiator.
* Put inside box with adequate space and wrap with Bubble wrap or other light weight material.
* Include Form. This is found under the Radiator Repair tab at the top of the site.
* Include any other pertinent info.
* You do NOT need an authorization number to send in your radiator.
How long does it take to repair a radiator?
10. Most repairs are done within one to two days of when they're received. If you are in a hurry ship through U.P.S., as the Post Office and FedEx arrive 3-8 hours after U.P.S.
Do I need to fill out a form?
11. Yes. If the form is not inside the box, your repair will be delayed until we have contacted you by phone and gone over the information listed on the form.
If your phone number is not inside the box then we may try to find out who sent it by calling the shipping company, or by doing a search online in the white pages. This is very time consuming for us and slows down the process of shipping our other customers radiators back to them. It is not our responsibility to do online searches or to call up shipping companies to find out who you are if you forgot to include your contact information. Letting us know by e-mail and/or phone that you have shipped your radiator to us is not sufficient. Please include your contact information inside the box. If you accidentally forgot to include your contact information inside the box it is your responsibility, not ours, to call everyday to see if we have received and/or repaired your radiator. Thank you for your cooperation.
What should I leave on the radiator? What needs to come off?
12. You do not need to leave anything on the radiator. It will speed up the process of repair if the following were removed: Cap, Rubber hoses, Rubber grommets, Metal clips, Temp sensor, Fan, etc.
What happens if I left items on my radiator? When we receive your radiator we take everything that was still left on the radiator and we place the items in a plastic bag, which we then place in your box. So make sure to check your box before throwing it away. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ITEMS LEFT ON THE RADIATOR. If you didn't remove all items from the radiator but shipped it any way, we will try our best to send them back to you. However, if you can't find them you may purchase some used ones from us.
How do you handle the billing?
13. When the repairs have been completed, we will call you with the repair total. We can then go over the repairs that have been done to the radiator, and discuss with you payment and shipping options. We take Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, and C.O.D.
How much time do I have to pay for my repairs?
14. You have 30 days to pay for the repairs. After that time your radiator(s) will have been forfeited by you, and they will be sold.
Where do I ship it to?
15. Our shipping address is: 6722 So. Airport Rd. West Jordan, UT 84084. If delivering in person our address is: 6722 So. Airport Rd. 4600 W. West Jordan, UT 84084
Will I be given a call before repairs begin?
16. No. There are a few reasons why we do not. First- When we repair a radiator we straighten it first then pressure check it for leaks. During the straightening process leaks may occur. Even if the radiator doesn't leak before it is straightened it may leak after. There is no way to know beforehand if the radiator will leak afterwords. Therefore we can't call you before work has begun and inform you of the repair cost. Because we don't know what the repair cost will be until the repairs have been completed. Second- Our quick turnaround is very important to our customers and to us. There isn't enough time to call everyone and have a consultation with them about their radiator and still have a quick turnaround.
What is Factory Epoxy?
17. When O.E.M. radiators are originally made they are sometimes defective (they leak). Some radiator manufacturers will use epoxy to seal leaks and then they will paint over the epoxy in an effort to conceal their shoddy workmanship. The reason manufacturer’s epoxy and then paint over the defect is to save time and money. When this happens the customer has no idea that his new motorcycle has a defective radiator on it. When this radiator is bent, the epoxy breaks loose and the radiator starts to leak. If your radiator is one of these we will include a letter inside your box informing you.
Does Myler's Radiators buy used radiators?
18. We do. If you are buying one or more of our SuperCool radiators and you no longer need your stock radiators, then depending on their condition we may be interested in purchasing them from you.
What if I'm shipping from out of the U.S.?
19. When shipping to and from Myler's from outside of the United States,the United States Postal Service is the recommended choice, but not the only choice.
What is Myler's Return policy on the product(s) that they sell?
20. A. If you purchased a product(s) from us and it is defective, return it for a refund of the purchase price, after you have called for return authorization.
B. If you purchased a product(s) from us and it is not defective, but you would like to send it back for a refund, if the product(s) has not been used and there is no damage to the product, and it has been less than 30 days, send it back for a refund minus the shipping costs as well as a 10% restocking fee.
C. If you purchased a product(s) from us and it is not defective, and you have used it, you are not entitled to any refund. As the product(s) are/is now used and no longer new.
D. If you have purchased a radiator(s) from us, used it, and want to send it back for a refund, claiming the product doesn't fit, we will work with you on modifying the radiator until it fits, however you are not entitled to any refund/credit.
Our SuperCool radiators are designed to replace stock radiators with little to no modifications to fit. However, we can not guarantee compatibility to aftermarket accessories -e.g.- Gas tanks, radiator guards/braces, fans, exhaust pipes, and so on.
Our radiators have been pressure checked and examined before being shipped. If you believe that the radiator leaks, please check the radiator hoses for cracks and make sure that the hose clamps have been tightened sufficiently. Be careful not to spill coolant onto radiator while filling the radiator, as you may misdiagnose spilled coolant for a leak.
If you accidentally damage a radiator while installing it, please be honest with us. If you are honest with us and admit that you damaged the radiator we will repair the damage for free. We think that is more than fair. Unfortunately, some people are dishonest. Please don't be dishonest with us. Please value integrity. A damaged radiator may not be returned and/or refunded under any circumstance. The customer is responsible for shipping charges both ways.
Does Myler's Recore Radiators?
21. We do not recore radiators. We repair your existing radiator.
What coolant does Myler's suggest?
22. We recommend that you run a 50/50 Antifreeze-Water mixture. We have our own Myler's SuperCoolant that can be ordered over the phone or online in the "Myler's Radiators" section of the site. Try to avoid using products that are a replacement for antifreeze as we receive radiators for repair that have been ruined by these products. If you ride on a track and have to use these products, then we recommend that you drain your radiator at the end of the race day.
Does Myler's stock what they sell?
23. We do. Myler’s SuperCool Radiators and Silicone Hoses, High-Pressure Caps, and Oil Filters, as well as Pre-Owned radiators are in stock. If you purchase any of these products from the site, we will ship it that day or the next business day depending on the time the order was placed. If it is not one of these products we will have it shipped to you as soon as possible.
Does Myler's make custom radiators?
24. We do, on a case by case basis. Due to high demand, custom radiators may take as little as a 2-3 days or as many as 90 days.
Can Myler's repair radiators that local radiator repair shops can't?
25. We can. Myler’s Radiators has specialized in repairing motorcycle radiators since 1990. We have repaired over 70,000 radiators. We repair 99% of the radiators that we receive.
Can I E-mail you pictures of my radiator(s) to see if it can be repaired?
26. Yes. You can e-mail the pictures to email@example.com. When sending the images please keep the image size at 1MB or lower.
Can my local radiator repair shop fix my radiator?
27. Have you thought about taking your Aluminum Motorcycle Radiator to a local repair shop? If you have STOP RIGHT THERE!
How many Aluminum motorcycle radiators has this shop fixed? We've fixed over 70,000.
Do they specialize in Aluminum motorcycle radiator repair? We do.
(Local radiator repair shops are set up to fix "Copper" radiators not "Aluminum" radiators.)
How long have they been repairing motorcycle radiators? We've been repairing them for 25 years.
Do they have a way to pressure check the radiator after the repairs are completed? We do.
Do they guarantee their work? We do.
Are they going to weld the radiator with Aluminum like a professional or just gob J.B. weld on it? We weld them.
What is their success rate with motorcycle radiator repair? Ours is 99%.
What is their estimated turnaround time? Our average turnaround time is 1-2 days.
Do they have replacements if they are unable to fix the radiator? We do.
We receive radiators all the time from people who thought that they would save a few dollars by taking their radiator to a local repair shop or by trying to fix it themselves. When we receive radiators that someone else has worked on and was unable to fix, we charge an additional $5-$25 to clean up their mess.
What makes Myler's SuperCool Radiators different from other Aftermarket Radiators?
28. When an O.E.M. radiator is made all of the components are assembled and ran through an oven, where the components fuse (Weld) together. This creates a seamless radiator with no visible welds.
When other Aftermarket radiators are made the core is taken and ran through an oven where it fuses together. (The core being the tubes and the fins). Then the bottom and top reservoir tanks are welded on to the core using a Tig Welder. Then the side plates are welded to the tanks in the same way. This leaves the core separated from the side plates. (It's not fused/welded to it). This method produces a radiator that is problematic in at least three ways:
1. The core is unable to dissipate heat effectively into the side plates.
2. The core does not straighten back to stock specifications after a crash.
3. The radiator is highly susceptible to vibrations creating cracks in the welds and in the core.
The reason that the core does not straighten back after a crash is because it is not fused to the side plates. When the side plates are straightened back, the core stays smashed in. It does not realign itself back to stock specifications. You then have a radiator with diminished cooling capacity.
These types of radiators are a "One-Hit" radiator. It only takes one good hit to the side plate to smash in the core. Regardless of how much money you saved buying a cheap radiator, or how much money you spent buying an expensive one, you are left with a "One-Hit" radiator. This is definitely not the way to go.
To see what a "One-Hit" radiator looks like after being hit please click on the following link- "Click Here!" Notice how the core (Cooling tubes and Fins) is separated from the side plates. The side plate has been straightened back out, but the core stays smashed in.
When a Myler's SuperCool Radiator is made the cores are fused to the side plates. The tanks are then Tig-Welded on to the fused core side plate radiator. This is superior to other types of radiators in at least four ways:
1. The core is able to dissipate heat effectively into the side plates.
2. The core straightens back to stock specifications after a crash.
3. The radiator can be repaired crash after crash. (This Is Very Cost Effective!)
4. The radiator is less susceptible to vibrations creating cracks in the welds and in the core.
5. The SuperCool radiators are the only radiators on the market that have "Radiator Guards" designed specifically for them.
6. Comes with 6061 series Aluminum flat bar welded from side plate to side plate for added strength.
When making the decision to purchase a radiator- Remember that Myler’s Radiators has been in business for over 24 years. We have repaired over 70,000 motorcycle radiators in that time and we know what it takes to make a superior radiator. Plus, because we are a radiator repair shop if there is a fitment issue with one of our SuperCool radiators we can make the changes for you for free in a timely manner. You won't find that anywhere else. This is why we warranty our radiators for a full year. The SuperCool radiators are welded and fitted by Myler's Radiators.
If you have any “Questions or Issues” with one of our radiators please contact us directly at: 1-800-367-7699, or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If my radiator is bent but not leaking, should I still have it repaired?
29. The choice is ultimately up to you, but a radiator that is bent can cause some problems on your motorcycle.
It will be less effective at cooling your bike then compared to a straight radiator.
Its at an increased risk of having welds break if subjected to further impacts and from vibrations.
A bent radiator can cause the louvers and the shroud to not line up properly thus causing fitment issues.
When I purchase online is my Credit card information secure?
30. Your credit card information is handled securely through Paypal.
What magazines does Myler's advertise in?
31. We have advertised in the following magazines in the past. Dirt Bike, Dirt Rider, Motocross Action.
Can I run a SuperCool radiator with an O.E.M. radiator?
32. Yes, however it many instances after a customer buys one of our SuperCool radiators within a very short time frame they purchase the other radiator because they are so impressed.
What motorcycle parts are available through Myler's?
33. Myler’s is a direct dealer with several motorcycle parts manufacturers, and is also a dealer with a major national motorcycle parts supplier. If there is any part that you are looking for we can probably get it for you for less.
Does Myler's repair Aftermarket Radiators?
34. Yes. However, if you refer to "Question and Answer 28", you will see that not all Aftermarket radiators are created equally. This leads to some radiators being harder to fix than others. Because of this Aftermarket radiator repair charges will be done on a case by case basis.
Can I pick and choose what I want repaired on my radiator?
35. No. Because we warranty our work, you can not choose to have the leak on your bent radiator fixed without us straightening the bent radiator as well.
Does Myler's have a Shipping Tier for Purchases made from the Website?
36. Yes. These will be show at checkout.
When I place an order online, how will I know when it ships?
37. You will receive an e-mail from the site letting you know the order has been received and shipped.
Can I personally bring my radiator in for repair?
38. Yes, you can. However, you must remove the radiator from your Motorcycle/ATV before doing so.
Are there any installation videos of the Myler's SuperCool radiators?
39. Yes. Please see our YouTube channel. There is a link at the bottom right corner of our website. There we have a video of an installation of the Myler's SuperCool radiators on a 4-Stroke KTM.